Sunday, November 07, 2004

Incredibles saved my week!

Well, after such a disapointing election week and a bad week in general, I really needed a break.

I've looked forward to The Incredibles ever since I heard Brad Bird was going to direct and write it. I love Brad Bird....literally worship. I saw Iron Giant opening weekend when it first came out. Yes, I was one of the few who saw it in theaters. Ever since I watched Iron Giant, I just couldn't get over how important this animated feature was to animation...to film.

So from the get go I had high expectations for Incredibles and I wasn't disapointed.
3-D usually has problems with depicting the human being. They always feel like cold shells and robots, which is why I advocate 2-D animation soo much. Well, Incredibles stuck my foot into my mouth. The caricatures and movement of the characters felt completely human. I didn't feel any mechanics at all in the movie.

It has been so long since I've seen a movie that a really had fun watching. This film is eye candy and contains a great story!

Go see this movie and even more important go buy Iron Giant Special Edition DVD or watch it if you haven't.

Fun fact: Brad Bird does the voiceover for Edna, the fashion guru! Simply perfect and hilarious!

No comments: