Monday, July 23, 2007

Sneak Peek at portfolio

The Animation Hall at CalArts

All this summer, I have been working on the portfolio. Right now, I have 37 of the big drawings on newsprint, drawing, and watercolor paper. I still need to work hard on the sketchbook. Animals are quite tricky.

I have been neglecting my blog, so here are some of the sketches that might make it in.

Sketches

Cowboy sketching (india ink)

Amoeba sketching

Ink drawing

Oooo-lala sketching

I'm still working on the guinea pig comic that might be called "Fight or Flight." It will be included in the portfolio as well.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! They look great!

E.A. said...

*wolf whistle* Love the nake--ah, I mean, great work here, Melon!

Your watercolors are a little lacking in detail (this coming from a person who is not knowledgeable of art critque--take the above with a grain of salt), but are very expressive and enjoyable to look at. Your drawings are orders of magnitude better than the storyboard designs for Flutemaster might have been.

Terrific work here, Melon! I'll be checking your page out early and often!