Monday, May 07, 2012

Sheep Days


This is my fourth year film as a CalArts Character Animation student. The film is about the troubled life of a hand sewn sheep.
I was inspired by the dog embroidery animation of Aubrey-Long Cook. First, I animated on paper then traced the image on to fabric. I embroidered each frame on green fabric to be keyed out later. The footage was shot with Dragon on an Oxberry. Then, I composited the fabric backgrounds with the animation using After Effects.
I hope you enjoy the film. It was a lot of fun to make.


I'll post making of pictures soon.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your embroidered animation. Very clever and cute (in a good way). Thanks for putting it out there on the internet !

Martha in Minnesota

Ellen Yu said...

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it.

E.A. said...

That movie looked like an insane amount of work.


Imagine, therefore, if that was feature-length!!!! I think I'd kill myself even if I had a team helping me hand-animate an entire animated feature in the style of embroidery. That project would be scary as hell--nay, probably scarier.


Job well done, Melon.



ENOCH